Yale Smart Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have a customer wanting a Yale Smart Alarm system...supposedly a grade 2 868Mhz high end alarm.

My problem is that I cannot find anyone stocking them....Yale do not even have stock for me to buy.....

I cannot believe Yale do not have stock.....Any ideas where I can source one? (plus 8 PIR's)

Thx
Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve,

the fact no one stocks them is probably an indication to stay clear.

What does your customer need as there are many solutions on the market but they may be a little more pricey.

Agreed you echo my concerns exactly............

Ive literally just come off the phone and luckily for me they have plenty of stock plus all the extras...spoke to a very helpful guy there who explained the alarm is really aimed at the professional installer market and basically a direct competitor to the Powermax. It definitely is an 868Mhz and Grade 2 alarm. What I find really strange is that there is a company called "yale security point" on the main Yale website who do all their installs??????? BIZARRE?

Ive studied the manual over the weekend and it really seems like a serious bit of kit...looking forward to receiving tomorrow and having a play. One feature I already like is the signal strength indicator - handy for
for set up on tricky external buildings!

Will post feedback on this alarm!

Last edited by a moderator:
fingers crossed

be interesting to see how it measures up, I still have my reservations on a single stockist.

Let us know how you think it fairs versus price, it could be a dark horse.

Sponsored Links
We installed the above last week...first time fitment....

Initial thoughts - love the control panel, makes the powermax seem dated......the logic of programming is excellent and the manual is most definitely written by a brit.

I do not like the door sensors being powered by a CR2032 and would like a louder siren.....tho you can add 4 sirens!

Upload settings via USB is nice for multiple installations and the software is nice.

The YSA can also run two separate properties independently....

The external/ driveway sensor is nice and uses 2 PIR beams and microwave to avoid false detection.....its also a lot cheaper than the visonic tower 20AM.

There's also a remote power switch which can work in-conjunction with alarm.

The main NO NO for me is that Yale seem to refer all business via a company called "yale security point" which is their contract business.....Commercially you would struggle to compete against them as they supply and fit for 699...........hence there is margin..

Overall I like the kit.....it will certainly rival Visonic.....They need to market this better in my opinion! So YES I would happily fit another and for me the Yale brand is strong in UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back