years and still roof leaks? any advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi this is my first post on here. i really need some advice, i rent a house with a tiled roof , this is the 3rd christmas ive been here and quite possibly the last as every year -or every time we have considerable rain the loft is soaking , the there was even frost on the inside where i could see about four tiles, and its like its raining up their!! the first year the roofer blamed the chimney stacks and he vented those and sorted the caps on them ,then when i had water pouring down 3 walls he said the roof wasnt vented so theres four vents 1 on each side, and half a dozen sofit vents which worked until we had masses of rain and snow again and i got the water running down my walls again so they dropped the chimneys below roof level, but now its happening again but without it running down the walls just raining in the loft!!!! any ideas? ive been told so many things its crazy sorry for long post thanks:)

Sponsored Links
just raining in the loft!!!! any ideas? ive been told so many things its crazy sorry for long post thanks:)
Yeah quit drying all yer washing on the radiator, open a window when cooking and bathing and air the house more.

Sponsored Links
Use the forum search facility, condensation in lofts.

You will find all the answers there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back