Young HE24 Isar boiler dies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi condenser boiler installed 4 years ago has completely shut down and can not be revived in the usual way. For a couple of weeks prior to shut down the boiler was turning itself off from time to time which I was able to turn back on again by pressing the reset button.There is no LED display on the front but a red light on Channel one in an electrical box over the fuse box still lights up.
It appears initially to be an electric problem. I have changed the 3 amp fuse but to no effect.
Is it likely to be an electrical rather than boiler fault ? Which expert do I call out ? Some boiler servicers have been rather "moody" at doing a proper job and I'd like to know the likely reasons for the problem before having to deal with !!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the classic PCB failure.

Get a fixed price repair as the part is more than the cost of a fixed repair.

Sponsored Links
If it was fitted properly and has been looked after, I would just sort out the PCB, mine is over 8 years old and been fine except for PCB issue.

Thanks !! I have done as you suggest BUT have had a doubt raised regarding the cause of the failure. At first it seemed that steam from a coffee maker and bread machine placed and used in ignorance under the control panel could have destroyed the electronics But after being told the control panel would just dry out if that was the case there is a concern now as to whether the problem has been caused by irratic circuit mains electricity supply - surge or such...and the gas engineer would not test for this..I am intending to go and buy a voltimetre to check the mains socket for 240v that the boiler is fed from (The 3 amp fuse is okay) How can I tell without tampering with electrics if the flow is unsteady ?? I have already laid out £235 for a gas visit and postponed it till the mains electrics plug get clearance for fault..and I am anxious to avoid having to pay an electrician another £95 per hour to check before the gas man comes (The gas man will not fix the boiler if it is a mains fault but still charge a hefty fee to tell me he can't !!) I know the gas electrician is responsible for electrics from the fuse box on and not before it...I wish I had never got this new boiler..only 4 years old At least I have found out IDEAL have started using "improved" psb - orange coloured not the total disaster black coloured ones...Advice badly and urgently needed and appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back