Your Thoughts Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have recently had a couple of radiators moved and a new CH pump fitted.The system before the upgrades worked fine with all radiators getting hot albeit, some of them slowly !

Since the upgrades we now have a raidiator in an en suite bathroom which is stone cold ??

We have a pressurised system and have 4 zones basically. A zone which is for the bathroom rads and is always on. A zone for the upstairs heating (2 floors), a zone for the downstairs heating and one for the HW.

I have tried the following :

1. Turned off the rads other than the one that is cold on the bathroom loop to tray and force everything through the en suite rad but nothing happens !
2. Repeated 1 but for the upstairs heating loop and still no joy.
3. Bled the rad but no air in it just the cold water coming out.

I have been told that this can only be air but whay has it not fixed it when i have forced everything through the 1 rad ??

For the record, the plumber put some chemicals in but could only do it via taking the top off a pressure release valve i think, but not 100% Could that have affect it ??

Any ideas ??Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I have read the links but not sure exactly where to start. I have bled an ice cream tubs worth of water out of the radiator (2l) whilst the other 2 rads on this loop were shut down altogether. There was quite a flow of water but all cold. It did start to warm a little at the flow end of the rad at the valve but as soon as i closed the bleed valve the rad remained cold as did the flow valve. I am starting to wonder if the return pipe i sblocked maybe and nece the water not getting through the rad.

Does that sound possible or do you have any other advice.

Regards

Lee

Sponsored Links
Are you sure its been connected to the flow and return ? (I.E. not both connected to flow)

The radiator in question has been untouched. It is just a case of it has not got hot since he re-filled the system. Like i said, i have bled it this morning for 2l worth of water but put the bleed screw back in and it don't get hot but it did before the system was drained and 2 new rads put in downstairs.

I will let you know the outcome once the guy has been back !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back