zanussi fj1214 washing m/c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine works fine, but when on spin speed starts going up and down, but still fast enough to dry clothes. This m/c has had an easy life.
Thanks for any forthcoming help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the onset of worn motor brushes, especially if the machine is a few years old. Symptoms rapidly progress from intermittent spin, to no spin, to intermittent wash, then death. There are plenty of posts on the forum about this subject.

thanks to zipper, i,ve got new brushes, which is best way to get to motor. ie top, back, or underneath. Just like to know where i,m going before i start. thanks again for advice.

I don't think your model has a bottom plate, if so lie the machine on its back & you can get to the motor from there. If it does have a bottom plate which prohibits access from underneath then you'll have to split the outer case. Take off the lid, remove the plastic "half moon" where the hoses enter (2 clips). take out the 2 plastic plugs at the bottom (1 each side near where the seam is), remove the screws under the plugs. There are also 2 or 3 screws that have to be removed at the back (bottom). Then take out 2 screws each side of the strut under the lid which holds the 2 halves of the case together (you only need to take out the screws on the rear part). The back half of the case then slides off giving you easy access to the motor & most other components. Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks a million Zipper, i just couldn,t ask for anything more. I,ll be doing job tomorrow.
Thanks again
Dave.

Got into m/c today, exactly how Zipper described it. motor brushes were like new, (about 25mm long), no wear or burning on comm, drive belt like new, everything seems perfect but still have speed fault on spin!. There,s a sensor on, the end of motor, i presume this is a speed sensor, i took that out and gave it a wipe, but no joy.
More advice needed please.
Dave.

When you had off the tacho generator (speed sensor) did you notice if the magnet on the shaft was slightly loose? If you have a multimeter you could also check the resistance of the tacho coil. If the machine has an AEG motor the coil should read around 130 ohms, if it has a Sole motor it should read nearer 500 ohms. I am not sure exactly which PCB you have in your machine but if you post the PNC number I can try to find out (look in the door opening for a 9 + 2 digit number).
I was wondering about something else; Is the machine pumping out ok?

Apart from a faulty tacho/loose magnet or intervention of the anti-unbalance control (which reduces spin speed if the wash load is still unbalanced after a third attempt at redistribution). I am afraid I would suspect a faulty PCB or a motor issue.
Check out the tacho & post the pnc number. More digging is required.

Thanks again to Zipper, what a mind of information.
the numbers on door opening are as follows,
Prod no 914837001
Type P639684
serial no 31900025
I have a multimeter, so i can check resistance of tacho coil, but not until weekend, as it,s a major job getting m/c out!
I did check the PCB in the plastic case at floor level, is this the one that controls speed?. I couldn,t see any damaged tracks or signs of overheated components.
If i have to start replacing boards or motors, this is going to get expensive, and i might just have to live with it
Thanks again for all your trouble
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back