Zanussi FLA1001W Aquacycle 1000 - carbon brush problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance for your help!

Our old and trusty Zanussi Aquacycle 1000 (FLA1001W) has stopped spinning (both mid-wash cycle and during the spin cycle). I whipped the back cover off to see if the belt had snapped or come off and that was fine, so checked the carbon brushes on the motor. They are very worn, so much so that they are at the extent of the little braided copper 'tail' and wo't spring out any further. When I stuck it all back together, the machine would spin slowly, further suggesting that the brushes need replacing (I think the action of taking them off and putting them back on again was enough to get them to run a little closer to the commutator).

Sooooo, can anyone help me with the correct part number that I need to order? It is a CESET motor on the machine, but web searches throw up all kinds of different types and I don't want to order the wrong ones as we are already desperate to get the machine working again (have an 8-month old and he makes sure the washing piles up quickly!!)

Thanks again,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
If you use Qualitex, part No: CAR 72 or CAR 69 (Reverse type).
Make sure you clean the com with some soft sand paper to remove the burnt
carbon from where the brushes were arcing.

Pop into your nearest domestic appliance workshop & take a brush holder with you...they'll have brushes galore & should be able to fix you up in a jiffy.

Sponsored Links
New clean nylon scouring pads are safer to use than sand paper on a commutator to clean up the segments, ensure you brush out the gaps between them afterwards as well.

It is common for the commutator to get damaged by the copper tail when they wear right down so check for grooves or damage to the edges of the segments as the motor will have a limited life if there are any. (the brushes will arc on these and cause them to worsen sometimes very rapidly)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back