Zanussi fridge loud buzzing noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi zrb932fw2 fridge freezer which has recently started to emit an increasingly loud humming/ buzzing noise.

I have listened closely and it seems the noise is coming from behind the ventilated compartment at the roof of the freezer section.

I have looked everywhere for an explanation of how to take apart this compartment but can't find much. It looks like it should slide out but i don't want to force anything without knowing. I have attached are a couple of photo's.

Does anybody know how this compartment is taken apart or what the issue with the fridge could be?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0993.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0993.JPG.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_0992.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0992.JPG.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 630
Sponsored Links
is this an integrated unit ? the humming noise will be the fan / compressor how old is the fridge i would replace rather than repair.

I would have thought that the 2 clips in the second pic should pull down & allow the cover to slide out, but looking at the bulge in the rest of it I would say it is probably jam packed with ice. You will need to switch it off & leave it for a few days at this time of year. That may also cur the noise.

Sponsored Links
Yes as JJ4091 quite correctly said ice in the fan can also cause issues so a manual defrost may fix issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back