zanussi tumble dryer not spinning!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Zanussi TCE7127W condenser dryer which has a drum that won't spin when a programme is started.

When I try and start it, there's a small pump in the bottom left corner that makes a noise like normal but then nothing. I've had a look under the panel where the motor is, and nothing happens - no noises, no movement.

I had a look on the internet first and it's putting up an error code of E54 - motor inoperational?

Basically I was wondering what do I need to do, the belt seems fine but the motor seems dead. I've read that maybe it's the capacitor but I have no idea and thought I'd get some proper advice first if anyone has any! :D

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is always important to quote the pnc number as well as model.
There is a 6uf capacitor mounted on or near the motor. There should also be an additional 2.5uf capacitor someplace close to the motor. Locate & remove the capacitors then take them into your nearest domestic appliance workshop & ask to have them tested.

Hi thanks for that, where would I find the pnc number?

I've seen the two capacitors so will do as you say and see what happens, cheers

Sponsored Links
Pnc number is on a sticker in the door opening...9 digits +2 (usually).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back