Zanussi washing machine clothes smell after wash.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi Jetstream 1400, which is 4 years old. The washing machine is running through a cycle, spinning, and empytying and I am not getting any error codes. However the clothes just do not smell clean when they come out, especially armpit areas!
I thought that it was due to me overfilling the machine and have tried washing half the amount and yes it wasn't quite as bad but still not great. But I can't run the machine at half capacity all the time as it is uneconomical.

Please, please, please can anyone shed light on this mystery?

I use liquid detergent.
I have run a service wash with soda crystals, and cleaned out the filter

Sponsored Links
Is the water heating? Is the detergent being placed in the right compartment? Which temperature do you normally use?
Using liquid detergents & washing at low temperatures isn't good for the machine or your washing. It causes gunge, bacteria, & associated bad smells. Do a couple of maintenance washes at 90C (without clothes) & put a cup of distilled white vinegar in each time. Then wash on the correct temperature using a good quality powder & see what happens. Doing a maintenance wash once a month will also help keep your machine free from bacteria & bad smells.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back