Zinsser 123 primer on MDF alcove cupboard, which egg shell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long time reader, first time poster, was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've just purchased some Zinsser 123 for a MDF project that is being fitted on Friday, can anyone recommend me a compatable white egg shell for this primer? I've read in a few places that some people have had difficulty getting the egg shell to dry. I have a carpet being fitted on Saturday afternoon so at the very least I want to do the bottom of the units.

Any advice welcome,

Thanks.

Chris

Sponsored Links
You can paint almost any household paint over 123 that's the beauty of it.
The makers do state that while it dries in an hour it can take a couple of weeks to cure fully. The effect is that if you are using it as a primer on a difficult surface the whole paint finish will take time to reach full strength, if for example you scrape the paint with a fingernail it might come off but once cured it's the dogs whatsits! :D

I decided to get a tin of the Zinsser white egg shell, expensive but guessing its worth it. Any application advice for this? I've got some foam rollers from the bay that look like they will do the job nicely, going to get some fine sand paper for touching up the primer.

I decided to get a tin of the Zinsser white egg shell, expensive but guessing its worth it. Any application advice for this? I've got some foam rollers from the bay that look like they will do the job nicely, going to get some fine sand paper for touching up the primer.

Sponsored Links
I've used the Little Greene Intelligent Eggshell over Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 with success. It's water-based if you're looking to keep it non-fumey, and it's a decent finish too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back