Zip Hydroboil

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

Hello,
I have a Zip Hydroboil Plus Instantaneous water heater, open vented, which has died in the night.

It has lost all mains power, although the supply to it is healthy. Older models of these that I've worked on have had a thermal cutout reset button, but I cannot find one on this.

Has anyone any experience of these?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Overheat cut out is on the bottom left of the boiler. Can't quite remember this exact water heater but IIRC you need to remove the casing to get to it to reset. Check below first though as you may be able to get up to it but I'm pretty sure the casing has to come off.

Jon

I found the reset button at the bottom left inside the unit and it had popped out - I don't know why.

I've reset it and seems to be OK now; many thanks all who replied.

Sponsored Links
Result @andy11 Just keep an eye on it and see what happens. If it regularly re occurs then you may have a thermostat problem but it does just happen sometimes.

Just out of interest and for my own memory did you have to remove the casing to get to it or could it be reached from below?

Oh and thanks for getting back to us, it's always nice to hear that the issue is resolved.

Cheers

Jon

Limescale?

Ahead of you @newboy hence why i said keep an eye on it and see what happens. You do get random overheats at times. If it becomes a regular thing then scale would be the first port of call as the Hex holds the heat and pops the stat although the stat should still kick in before this so that may be scaled.

One step at a time.

Jon

Result @andy11 Just keep an eye on it and see what happens. If it regularly re occurs then you may have a thermostat problem but it does just happen sometimes.

Just out of interest and for my own memory did you have to remove the casing to get to it or could it be reached from below?

Oh and thanks for getting back to us, it's always nice to hear that the issue is resolved.

Cheers

Jon

I had to remove the case (4x Torx 20 screws). The button was quite hard to spot; in fact when I first looked this morning I assumed it hadn't got a reset button, hence my post.

It is in the centre of a little round unit that has 2 brown and 2 blue mains wires plugged onto it on crimp receptacles. I reset it with the power off. With the power on you wouldn't want to go near it with a bare finger as there is plenty of bare mains conductor showing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back