Zone valve / power head mismatch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing a Honeywell V4043 valve power head (40003916-001) on the hot water system, sat between the boiler and water cylinder. I've come to fit the replacement but the power head seems to rotate in the wrong direction: open ("manual", flats horizontal) is OK, but closed on the valve looks to be a turn of 45* anticlockwise whereas the power head mechanism would want turn it 45* clockwise ("auto" or resting position, power head "normally closed"). It can't, so it just sticks somewhere between "manual" and "auto" when fitted unless powered, when all works OK.

The one I'm replacing is just the same, so I'm wondering if it was fitted in error. Am I missing something? If not, can you advise which power head I need for this valve?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
a little confusing, can you take a pic?

the bit in the middle of the brass body is closed when its across the pipe, when its open it will probably be a little over 45' and almost in line with the pipe its on

Hope these help, struggling to describe this well but in short the power head's range of motion seems to be opposite to that of the valve, like a mirror image

Attachments

• power head in auto position.JPG
    power head in auto position.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Valve setting with head at manual (powered) position.jpg
    Valve setting with head at manual (powered) position.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Valve when turned by hand.jpg
    Valve when turned by hand.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 201
Sponsored Links
You have the correct powerhead. Put the lever in the manual position, it should be approx. 90* to the pipework. align the valve spigot to the same position and put the head onto the valve. It may take a little jiggling. The two studs will locte in the powerhead and you can tighten the screws. Then put the lever into the auto position and all should be well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back