12V - 6V DC converter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

This isnt really an alarm based question so may be in the realms of general DIY but people in this forum may know the answer.

I have won a ride on toy on ebay for 2 quid (non runner) So I got it home changed the fuse, wanged in a 3.2Ah 6V battery I had in the shed and it started first time.

Trouble is the original was 7Ah and it didnt last long about 8 minutes per battery.

So once they were flat I dug out the 7Ah 12V which I have tons of spare ones and the jeep went like a rocket........ Which would of been great if i could drive it but a bit scarey for a 3 year old......

Is there anyway I could reduce the batterys I have with like a resisitor or a regulator... DC DC converters in RS components seem mega bucks...

Thanks in advance

Rob

Sponsored Links
do not under any circumstance run it again on double the voltage you will ruin it in a few mins

ok thanks for the pointers both of you.

I arrived at site today to commission a fire alarm. But stores had sent out 6V 7Ah batteries instead of 12V ones. Happy days I can now swap my 12V ones haha. Hows that for luck :)

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for the pointers both of you.

I arrived at site today to commission a fire alarm. But stores had sent out 6V 7Ah batteries instead of 12V ones. Happy days I can now swap my 12V ones haha. Hows that for luck :)

i'll probably get shot down for mentioning other forums but are you a member f the fire alarm engineeres forum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back