Accenta 6 panel not responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A bit of advice required please. I have the above alarm system which was here when we moved in 8 years ago, it has worked well up until now, apart from the odd PIR that needed replacing.
However I went to set the alarm yesterday and noticed the normal led is off and while it makes quiet beeps when buttons are pressed, nothing really happens.
The PIRs still show red when movement is detected. I would normally open the control box to have a look, but when the tamper potentially sounds I wont be able to reset it as per normal!
Any ideas please.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Bet it needs a new battery, but the unresponsiveness sounds like a typical accenta when they have a tamper fault. They "lock-out" until the fault is fixed.

what lights are on?

if the 24hr light(tamp) is on open the panel, it wont sound because it is already in tamper, check all the tampers (i think these are labelled 24hr) and sab there is also a keypad tamper on the left hand side, tbh this isn't normally wired in.

if the lights are just dim unscrew the keypad and check the +/- are in tight, if they are open the panel and check you are getting 13V from the panel

Sponsored Links
".... noticed the normal led is off ..."

As Josh says, a new battery is well overdue. But you haven't let us know if the mains light is on or off.

Sorry guys I was out of the country for a while.

After some further investigation, the battery is dead.
I have removed the battery completely insulated the ends of the leads and put the power back on, thinking this would be ok until i got a new battery. However without the battery it wont allow me to do anything.
When power is restored the internal sounder goes off and i would normally just enter my code and hash which would shut it up and then same again and it would normally be ok. However this no longer shuts it up. I have a downloaded a manual and have tried both the default customer code and engineering code as stated in the manual, still nothing?
Any ideas?

"....Also importantly my alarm is a Securit 700l not accenta as i first thought...."

Don't worry about that. It may need a bench test on the wall, so to speak, but we'll go into that if we need to. A dead battery in a control panel can give rise to all sorts of weird and wonderful problems, so you really need to change that old battery for new before doing anything else.

Keep us informed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back