accenta 8 mini alarm keeps going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the accenta8 mini alarm which was fitted last year keeps going off.

the ZONE 1 light is on and every few hours the box outside starts making a loud beeping sound like the sound a large lorry does when reversing. i had absolutely no idea when it comes to repairng and setting up alarms.

when i hit the button with the picture of an alarm on it the beeping stops and zone 1 light goes off but then after about 30 seconds zone 1light pips once and comes back on. anyone please help as its driving me and the neighbours potty.

just to add to that, we have 3 downstairs sensors hall kitchen living room. when you move in front of the hall sensor the blue light comes on the sensor and the panel makes a 2 tone beep noise and the zone 1 red light on the panel stays red.
please help as its going off the the night and im knackered, :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I don't do Accentas. But in the absence of any other reply and your obvious lack of sleep... ;)

Did this start to happen after a thunderstorm? Could the thing have re-programmed itself and be trying to tell you that there's a fire? I assume that you've pressed RESET (lots of times..!) - it could also be in walk test so press zero and reset twice.

Are any of the other lights on or flashing?

Call the company that installed it or wait for another reply on this forum!

thanks for the reply, yeah im knackered m8, i got a friend to take a look and the alarm is 12 month old but the bell is at least 20 yrs old.
He took a look at inside the bell and he said he thinks its had its day so he disabled it till i get a new one.

sleep at last !!!!!!!.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back