Accenta Alarm help needed

ROFL, intermittant faults can and do happen with all sorts of tampers. You just have not got the ability to narrow down the search parameters.

Go play in the paint section where you knwo a bit more about things.

Oh and where is the link for this meter, i`ll buy one tomorrow if its so good.
Must put all my test equipment to shame :D

Sponsored Links
I just knew you didn't have one.

If the OP listens to joe-90 he'll fix his alarm.

You have offered nothing.

Yeah, he disables the only thing alerting his neighbours. Leaves it open to attack and untill all avenues are explored not proven to be the fault.

Nice one.

PS where is this link then?
Must be new cutting edge tech ehh.

You tell us what the most likely fault is then. Come on.

Sponsored Links
There are 5 possible causes. Of which 1 can be sub divided.
Which is why I asked what was on the panel when it happened.

1, Tamper circuit on main PCB - which could be up to 8 devices connected.
2, Keypad
3, Panel
4, Bell
5, Battery, even if changed 2 years ago. Was charging circuit checked last time?

So you take your pick, a possibility of 13 causes when all combined. Any one of which could be the cause of the indication given and internals sounding.

But your happy to say its the bell tamper and have it disabled.

Still waiting for this link for this special meter.

The most likely fault is the bell lid tamper because it is out in the elements whereas the others are not. Experience (30 years) suggests this as the most likely cause of the problem.

The meter is only available through research establishments and you need knowledge of algorithms to programme it.

That rules you out. :rolleyes:

I could lower myself to insults, as your trying- but your not worth it. Needless to say with 29 yrs experience (So you beat me by 1, big deal). It is called check and eliminate. Not chuck up a guess and tell someone to disable their tamper circuits.

That is the two things you cannot grasp, disabling an important circuit. And guessing.

As for the math, well you work it out by our "experience" I started with alogrithms using a slide rule. But I have never needed a slide rule to do various tests needed to find a fault.

Back to some basics, lets see if this is easier. You do not tell a client, a forum member to just disable one of the most important circuits on a guess.

I`m sure the OP will see that and realise the reason why.

If he doesn't he won't fix it. His choice really. :p

So, for argument`s sake.
And it is, I am in no way saying this is the reason for the tamper.

What would be the end result of linking out the tamper and -ve?

Not answering?

It would severly affect the SECURITY of the system.

As you so aptly put it.

simples

Good advise, hey?

Better than a tamper fault tripping out all night eh? If he can't fix it - then get someone in. Simples. :confused:

Your wrong and you know it.
End off.

Had enough of this now.
I have given all the possibilities, it saves the OP coming back and forth.
Guessing is for amateurs. Telling someone to disable a tamper, and calling it a fix is a sigh of a complete amateur.
Stick to bench work, your probably really good there.

Now I`m leaving this open for the OP to reply.
So don't bother adding anything else for me. As I will not respond. Its easy to see who has given all possible options, rather than a guess with poor advise.

Joe-90, Alarm - please can you stop your flame war (or we're someone's going to invoke Godwin's Law).

Better than a tamper fault tripping out all night eh? If he can't fix it - then get someone in. Simples. :confused:

My concern is that my alarm keeps going off at random and, as well as waking us up, it is starting to annoy the neighbors. At the moment it seems to be a fault with the tamper circuit. So, my first step would be to disable this, if the random alarms stop then it is probable that this is the fault and the next step is to identify the exact fault and fix it.

My only confusion now is how to "link out" the circuit. There are 4 connections( two pairs A1,A2 and B1,B2) identified as Tamper. Do I simply disconnect these OR link each pair or connections together (A1 to A2 and B1 to B2)?

Ignore the other idiot. The probability is that the weather has caused corrosion in the tamper switch up in the outside siren unit.

If you have a ladder you can either clean up the switch with WD40 or bypass it while you find out the cause of the problem. If you clean/bypass the switch and it all goes back to normal then you'll know what the fault is.

If you can't get up to it you can bypass it at the bottom but I don't know the wiring numbers for you alarm.

Often on the circuit board there is a little link drawn onto the circuit board. If there is one - then insert a link there and it will bypass the tamper circuit.

If not you need to find the -12v and the TR (tamper return).

It's not the one with +12volts or the switched negs for siren and strobe which are open circuit until triggered.

Ahh name calling again.

OP before you start rummiging about in the panel switch off the mains.
Then can you tell me what is written on the PCB please.
Also a model name/number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back