Accenta Alarm help needed

At last he's going to help. He knows his stuff but he's difficult to get on with. :p :p

Sponsored Links
Also is the system set at night when this happens, and is it internals and/or externals triggering?

Should have asked this at the start, but we got interupted.

Also is the system set at night when this happens, and is it internals and/or externals triggering?

Should have asked this at the start, but we got interupted.

Happening during the day and at night, regardless of weather the alarm is set or not.

What is going off internals and or externals.

Still going to be a check and test proceedure.

Sponsored Links
This is like pulling hens teeth.

When it goes off when unset what rings,
When it goes off set what rings,

I need to know the specifics with each event. Not a general "they both go off"

Well the 'fix' has been in place for a week now and no false alarms so it looks like it is the tamper spring on the external bell (both internal tamper springs seem OK). As for "Pulling Teeth" when the alarm goes off at 2am and the missus is telling me to turn it off or my family jewels go in a vice (as she has a 12 hour hospital shift starting at 8am) I don't really feel like standing outside and checking the alarm tone.
If it does happen again - I'll check which bells are sounding and send her round to your gaff so you can explain why it was important :D

Whatever - thanks guys for the help. When I feel brave enough I'll get a ladder up and check the outside bell.

Joesdad

Well the 'fix' has been in place for a week now and no false alarms so it looks like it is the tamper spring on the external bell (both internal tamper springs seem OK). As for "Pulling Teeth" when the alarm goes off at 2am and the missus is telling me to turn it off or my family jewels go in a vice (as she has a 12 hour hospital shift starting at 8am) I don't really feel like standing outside and checking the alarm tone.
If it does happen again - I'll check which bells are sounding and send her round to your gaff so you can explain why it was important :D

Whatever - thanks guys for the help. When I feel brave enough I'll get a ladder up and check the outside bell.

Joesdad
Information for both of you.

1. Alarm not set, activates > Inside sounder only, means one thing.
2. Alarm not set, activates > Inside & outside sounders, means something else.
3. Alarm not set, activates > Outside sounder only, again means something else
4. Alarm set, activates > Inside sounder only, means one of two things.
5. Alarm set, activates > Outside sounder only, means something else

Get the idea.

Hence the question & the Hens teeth comment.

Well the 'fix' has been in place for a week now and no false alarms so it looks like it is the tamper spring on the external bell (both internal tamper springs seem OK).

Joesdad

Which is what I told you all along. :mrgreen:

Been doing this stuff for decades.

But as I said, not a fix.
Hope no body decides to have a pop at the sounder . Sods law and all that.

But as I said, not a fix.
Hope no body decides to have a pop at the sounder . s***s law and all that.

Well it's on the front of the house in full view of 10 other houses in a small square and they'd have to bring a 50 foot extending ladder with them as well! So good luck to them.

I've fitted over 1000 systems and as far as I know none of them have ever been attacked. So I'd do the same too. :mrgreen:

Over 1000, wow. Still you have a lot of catching up to do.

Linking out the tampers and leaving it like that is wrong.

That is my point.

I didn't say it was right, but if I were the OP with his situation I'd do just the same.

Alarms aren't my only job, just a part of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back