Accenta G3 tamper alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our G3 Mini went off the other morning (while unset). We entered the user code to silence it. The TA light is still flashing on the remote keypad.

I'm planning to open the panel and start by replacing the battery (which I expect is about 7 years old).

Will the alarm go off again if I do this?
Will the user code silence it?
Should I turn off the mains power to do this? - I'm aware there are mains voltages there and can be careful!!

I also notice that the power led is very dim on the main panel ... not sure if it was always like this.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The code does silence it.

Battery swapped with power on.

No more tamper alarms so far ... fingers crossed.

The battery will not cause a tamper fault. The battery is there to prevent the system for going off when a power cut occurs. Was there a power cut when the alarm went off? Otherwise it might still be a problem?

And also the panel power light is never that bright. You did right replacing the battery if it is that old but that is not what caused a tamer fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back