ADT - "Call Engineer On Alarm After Power Down"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We lost power to our house for a few days and the ADT alarm battery was drained

Now it says call engineer and prompts for a pin - Is there any way I can get that pin without an engineer coming to the house

I have called ADT who insist that I need to pay to get it reset which I think is madness

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the world of Auntie Daisy's contracts!

Just remember, you're probably tied in for 5 years and you must give them 3 full months notice before cancelling the contract or you'll be signed up for another five years! :evil:

Go check your contact before asking the local independent alarm company to take it over... ;)

Good luck.

the contract length for an aunt daisy system is 3 years not 5

and i am sorry you will have to get aunt daisy engineer out, unless you are out of contract, then you can go were you please

yep we do galaxy and yep we do national and yep you can email me and i will give you the advice that you might require

Oasis

Sponsored Links
We lost power to our house for a few days and the ADT alarm battery was drained

Now it says call engineer and prompts for a pin - Is there any way I can get that pin without an engineer coming to the house

I have called ADT who insist that I need to pay to get it reset which I think is madness
DeludedAussie, like the handle by the way. :)

I absolutely hate writing this, but, why should you not pay when you lost power to your house for a few days?

This occurrence has nothing to do with ADT, your alarm company.

Any alarm battery would be 'drained' with no charging voltage for 3 days.

Bite the bullet and pay up.

Do I understand correctly that Eighty Two & oasis would replace for nothing? Why? Money to give away?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back