Alarm bell box servicing query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ventcroft Compact Classic bell with a CK 700L control panel.

If I remove the screw on the bell box which then activates the tamper microswitch the bell goes off and continues to ring, regardless of whether the panel is either unset or in engineering mode, is that correct and normal?

Is this purely the bell deciding to sound regardless of the control panel mode?

If so it seems a bit of a pain to service the bell box, eg change its internal battery, you have to put up with the sound until you open it and disconnect its internal battery?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes

If so it seems a bit of a pain to service the bell box
It is also a pain to a burglar who tries to remove the bell box ( or cuts the wires to it ) before breaking into the property. That is the reason there is a tamper function in the bell box.

So - is there a correct way to remove / replace a bell box without the bell going off?

Sponsored Links
Yes

If so it seems a bit of a pain to service the bell box
It is also a pain to a burglar who tries to remove the bell box ( or cuts the wires to it ) before breaking into the property. That is the reason there is a tamper function in the bell box.

OK, I thought that if the bell box detected that hold off was still present it would just tell the control panel via tamper, then the control panel depending on mode would decide whether to then invoke the strobe/siren.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back