Alarm Door Contact and full set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have knocked and broken the wired part of one of my door contacts, although it still works (althogh see below), i need to change it.

Where is the best place to buy a new door contact (5 screws inside), lookingf at ebay but bit concerned about quality etc but dont want to pay a fortune for one either.

Also wondered if this is why my alarm will not do a full set using setting A, its a scantronic 9651, when i go to set it it just gives a continuous sound and will not set.

I have done a walk test and all sensors test fine.

Any ideas thanks.

Sponsored Links
no picture.... but you may have broke the reed switch and its stuck closed as your alarm is probably on final door set it cant see the door being opened and closed to set the system.

no picture.... but you may have broke the reed switch and its stuck closed as your alarm is probably on final door set it cant see the door being opened and closed to set the system.
Got it in one, give the man an apple :LOL:

In engineers mode when doing a walk test, the door contact works fine though?

But it is broken so i do need to change it...where is the best place to purchase one from, also are they different or do i need a particular one?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back