Alarm Keypad - No Power (Self caused)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I disconnected my Gardtec 490X keypad to paint behind it.

I took a photo of the wiring and then connected it again after painting was done. Now there is no power going to the keypad. Aaaargh!!!

I have checked and triple checked the wiring and it is definitely connected as it was previously.

Any idea what the issue may be? Is there a fuse I may have blown anywhere?

On a separate note the LCD display is faulty and has been for months now (some pixels not displaying) does anyone know where I can get a replacement, or what other keypads are compatible with the 490X control panel?

Thanks for your time.

Eck

Sponsored Links
If you did not insulate any ends or make an effort to not short any conductors together, you probably have blown a fuse inside the panel end station.

Taylortwocities thanks for googling that for me.

Believe it or not I have tried that but cannot find anywhere that supplies just the keypad. Was hoping for someone who perhaps knew somewhere that can supply or perhaps another keypad that was compatible with the system.

But people with answers like yours are always a blast on forums.

Keep up the helpful work.

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities thanks for googling that for me.

Believe it or not I have tried that but cannot find anywhere that supplies just the keypad. Was hoping for someone who perhaps knew somewhere that can supply or perhaps another keypad that was compatible with the system.

But people with answers like yours are always a blast on forums.

Keep up the helpful work.

No point getting shirty with me pal. This is the forum for electrical problems.
You have a problem with your ALARM, not the electrical supply to the alarm panel.

Maybe you would have got a more learned answer if you had asked on the correct forum?
The Alarm section of DIYNOT.COM may be an idea, perhaps?

Look, I can be helpful, here's a link //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31

You could ask the moderators to move your mis-posted topic over there. Good luck.

No problem mate.

Just a little frustrated at the alarm not working and someone treating me like an idiot wasn't appreciated.

No hard feelings.

*** Now closed ***

Thanks Lectrician.

Fuse replaced and keypad started working.

Also bought a Eurosec LCD Keypad for CPX and it works a charm.

Thanks again for your response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back