Alarm recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm after a recoemmendation on an alarm please

It's for a flat where I can't really get a wire to an external bell box, but could have a powered wireless one

I think the Texecom system looks the best, but also need advice on which PIR's to get, I want the type that are dual PIR's which are less likely to get set off by false activations

I have prewiring for the sensors, so that shouldn't be an issue, my main worry is if I should maybe install a sounder inside the flat rather than on the external wall due to getting a wire to it ?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
texecom dont do a wire free bellbox so you would have to run a bell cable, just had an enforcer panel left with us for a demo seems very good comes with 2 pirs 2 fobs and a door contact and wire free bell box. made by pyronix/ castle based on the euro one mini it has two hard wired zones onboard seems better than the visonic. hope this helps

You could go Galaxy, but a bit more high end and expensive.
Visonic have newer panels than the Powermax, and are tried and trusted. The Pro and Express being good options. Both have built in communications and of course wireless bells.

Also even some engineers are reporting the Enforcer is a bit of a handful. Not really DIY kit.

must be dumb ass engineers as the enforcer was a breeze to program with proper english terms for programming not some american terminolgy.

Sponsored Links
I sence another urine and wall comp.

You use a system you het used to it. You obviously use Castle anyway.
Fancy a race thru a cooper menvier/scanny A Galaxy?
Not being funny but the castle/euro has its quirks as do any other.

But this isnt about how high you can urinate.

OP the visonic will be better for you as it can be fitted out of the box.

No programming apart from a phone number.
The worst you have to do is change the names of zones, from numbers to names.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back