Alarm recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new to the forum and i am seeking for an alarm in order to secure my home a little bit. Before i go and do something silly and buy something that will be not fit for purpose i would like to ask your advice.

The house has

Ground floor:
Shop
Building main entrance with stairs to the upper floors and basement

1st floor: flat

2nd floor: roof terrace and Office

Now, as you can see I have some issues such as

2 main entry doors 1 floor apart.
3 main entry doors 2 floors apart

Now, I thought that the best way to deal with these issues is to have an alarm that can do partitioning.

Eg.
1st partition Main entrance, basement and stairs
2nd partition Flat
3rd partition Roof terrace and office

Is there a decent branded alarm that will not cost an arm and a leg that can do this?

In total I think I will need

6 Magnetic sensors for all entry doors
5 Magnetic sensors for all balcony doors
8 Magnetic sensors for all windows
10 PIR sensors for each room and stairs
4 keypads
2 external and one internal siren
GSM dialer
Key fobs (to make my life easier?) as an option

Ideally all would have to be on individual zones? (total 25 if I take out the double sliding windows)

I do ask a lot don’t I?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Anything can be achieved as far as security is concerned, but this project depends on two things:-

How much do you want to spend i.e. What is your budget ?

and;

Your ability to install the system in the first place.

From my own viewpoint, I would either opt for a galaxy panel with expander or else use three cheaper panels on each floor with their outputs interlinked by TX/RX as a starting point.

Go for a Galaxy G2-20 (20 zone) or G2-44 (44 zone) obviously the price will be different the 44 zone means you have to buy 8 zone expanders which will bump up the price, however you will have 3 setting modes and/or groups (partitions).

Be careful when buying a GSM dialler to ensure it'll work on the the networks available in Greece.

texecom premier much easier to use in area setting and much more flexible than most other panels.

Sponsored Links
texecom premier much easier to use in area setting and much more flexible than most other panels.

No chance, Galaxy has got to be the simplest to implement and use.

It all depends what your used to. I've lost count of the amount of colleagues that say oh this systems rubbish or that systems awful, when it's simply a case of them not being used to a particular panel.

There is one exception, GE ATS, now they are a pile of steaming poo.

Are the entire premises occupied by yourself, or do you let out a flat or shop area for example ?

used both since the the galaxy 60/500 was out and believe me the premier is much more flexible from a customers use

Basement.... ground floor shop .... First floor .... second floor...

At this point I'm more concerned about the system layout than the panel, or am I just imagining that this is not going to be as straightforward as it first appears ?

Second floor takes precedence for smokies .... as well ???

Each to his own, I say. There's a few thousand out there and a few thousand different opinions. Galaxy, Scantronic, Texecom, DSC, the list is endless. The main point in all this is who uses the three floors and for what purpose. I think we need to wait to find out what goes on there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back