Aritech House Alarm Wont Turn Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a bit of a nightmare with my house alarm. Its an Aritech CS45003 alarm with a CD34 keypad unit. I recently had a "Low Battery" warning on the keypad unit so I took the cover off the alarm unit and changed the battery for a new one.

As soon as I connect up the new battery and reconnect the fuse and mains electricity the alarm goes off. I suspect this is to be expected.
My problem is the keypad unit simply says "**** V04.02 ****". I try to put in my old code but nothing happens, the alarm is still going off and the keypad unit still keeps that message on.
I've also tried what I believe is the default keypad code (01122) and the engineers code (01278 down) but neither of these do anything, the alarm just keeps going off and that message stays on the screen.

Ive disconnected the battery and the fuse from the alarm unit to stop the alarm going off.

Any ideas how to connect it back up and turn the alarm off?

Sponsored Links
Sorted - if anybody else needs to know I removed the JP1 jumper on the board, re-powered the system back up and that put it into factory default.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back