CCTV 1V P-P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was at a cctv fault the other day and the system comprised of a DM sprite 2 and 16 cams. The fault was that the sprite was "freezing" every now and again and had to be restarted each time. I called up tech support and the guy said the problem was the video signals coming from the cameras were not at 1v p-p as they should causing my problem. I can get myself a video signal monitor to tell me the signal so that is fine but my question is this, if any given camera is not at its 1v p-p signal can this be altered to become 1v p-p and if so how is this done, or does this mean the camera is faulty as it is giving out the wrong signal and requires replacing?

thanks guys in advance for your comments

Sponsored Links
I can see a dodgy PSU casuing the issue mentioned.
Have you isolated the camera (S) causing the fault? That is the first step.

Then its check the PSU/Camera/RG59 or Cat5 time.

Hi

Thanks for that.

The problem is there does not seem to a particular camera that is causing the problem-that I know of. It is a retail outlet so can't disconnect all the cameras at once to see which is causing the problems. Also the fault is intermittent therefor I cannot guarantee how long it will take for the fault to re occur. Tech support are adamant that it is the video signal that is the only problem. I'm not so sure but I am not certain

One dodgy PSU can drag down all the other cameras.
Try and find all the PSU`s and take a reading at the outputs.

Never said drop all cams at once, one at a time for a few mins should do it.

P-P tester can be used as you do it, so two tests in one.
If they want the fault found that have to be accommodating to a certain extent.

Sponsored Links
when i worked for another large company based in Bradford, we used all of DM DVR`s and we had a batch of about 100 that did exactly what you have posted up.

system freezes
you have to then disconnect the power
and then reconnect and the system works fine?

if this is so, then the unit has to go back to DM as its a software fault, i am not sure if you can contact DM and get a software/firmware upgrade.

it does happen on some other units as well, so you are not alone

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back