cctv dvr advice please

Wingers, I think the lads who are replying will install commercial quality CCTV systems, whereas you are possibly looking for something that is targeted at the diyer, as indeed I myself am looking for.

I dont think they indeed to be rude to you, but I understand why you see it that way.

We just want help, or at least I do, from a low cost DIY system point of view - surely a decent DIY option MUST be available?

Sponsored Links
In reply to this and your other post loop.

You get what you pay for, wingers has seen this first hand. he was told ( as he says) that the kit was suitable ( from someone in sales no doubt on commission). On trying it, it was not fit for purpose.

So to your thread, if 500 quids worth of tat does not work, do you expect 150 quids worth to be any better?

It will record, granted. To what degree, who knows. How long will it last running 24/7 is another matter. How will the cameras fair in sun/dark situations? Another.

I could compare this to another thread, about is £312 a day a rip off or a decent sum to earn. Well it depends on what you expect.
Expect to pay that per day for a decent CCTV engineer fitting decent kit.

Or pay someone £50 quid to fit tat.

alumni - thanks for the helpful responses! NOT - thought the point of this forum was to be able to ask for advice etc and get friendly expert replies, not some idiot trying to score points

MOD - please remove my message and I will close account, and in future use a forum that has helpful people not some idiot
Get off your donkey and just try reading.
If you'd bothered to look you'd see i posted where to try and shop just a couple of threads before this.

You keep banging on about questions and advice yet ignore the fact that you went out and bought real nasty cheap toot without asking questions first.

Just fitted some kit fo a rather large customer. DVR would be around the £700 mark (to us). It's our bargain range. Meets all the needs for the customer (based on what they will be using it for). Big discussion this week though - do we swap it out for their 'normal' DVR, just to standardise. Totally overkill but eh.
Price for 'normal' DVR?? - £4k to us

So, as youcan see, £160 ain't gonna get you much.

As for scoring points, i think you'll find that ain't my game.

I did try to avoid using top kit, but as my learned friend says " you get what you pay for".
£1000.00 for a camera anyone?

And that is not top of the range either!

Sponsored Links
Alarm was banned. He emailed somebody in General Discussion to tell them so.

Wrong.

If your going to make comments, get the facts correct first.

What's the thread in GD talking about then? Why did you email somebody and say your were banned? Where have you been for the past 3 weeks?

I guess you went cap in hand to apologise to Admin and plead for leniency. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3 weeks?
Your really on some serious medication.

Thats about all that needs to be said about this really.

Has anyone had any experience of the AVTECH range? they seem quite well spec'd and the iphone/ipad app looks quite professional

As on the other thread, its a low end spec. Some swear by it some dont.

Thanks

After lots of research on the internet - it appears I am a bit limited as some suppliers will only sell direct to trade

I have come up with the following options - all I hope would be better then the one I have just returned - http://www.spycameracctv.com/spycam...work-compatible-4-channel-audio-500gb-hdd-vga

1) Samsung

2) AVtech

3) Avermedia

4) XDH4 (not sure of manufacturer) - but from http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/product...on-%2b-Web-%2b-Iphone-%2b-Mobile-Viewing.html

The features I need/would like are as follows:-

1) Footage is accessible over internet via browser

2) Footage is accessible via iphone (AND ipad – as this one had poor software that wouldn’t use full screen size of the ipad) – good regularly updated/supported software, as previous one use aplayer or kweye which were both very poor

3) Ability to automatically send notifications via email etc

4) Ability to backup to network from the DVR, or at least for it to automatically send clips/photos to an FTP account without needing a PC running and additional software – thought being that if someone broke in and stole the DVR then I would still have footage somewhere else I could still retrieve

5) Any supplied software is Windows 7 compatible – previous one only worked on XP! Despite not telling me that in advance

6) A good brand, as previous purchase turned out to be an own brand I think as box/documentation looked cheap – make it said was Gamut

7) Finally not sure if this is possible, but do any DVR allow 4 cameras to be connected via BNC and also connect IP cameras?

we would use the XDH from cctvdirect, as we always use these units because they do what they say they will do!

simples really

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back