Changing virgin master telephone socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I am hoping for some advice on my virgin cable telephone wall plate. It is a master telephone socket which has two connectors: A and B. I would like to remove the socket and replace it with a euro-module. I have a PABX Master socket module, can anyone confirm this will work? I assume I will need to connect the wire from A to connection 2, and the wire from B to connection 5.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
To interfere with the master sock is an offence and frowned up on by all and your provider. If you wish to go a head , change it with a NTE5 or ask Virgin for an upgrade to an NTE , but this will be expensive.

Hi everyone.

I am hoping for some advice on my virgin cable telephone wall plate. It is a master telephone socket which has two connectors: A and B. I would like to remove the socket and replace it with a euro-module. I have a PABX Master socket module, can anyone confirm this will work? I assume I will need to connect the wire from A to connection 2, and the wire from B to connection 5.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

For polarity issues , connect A to 5 And B to 2

Sponsored Links
I have a PABX Master socket module

Master Sockets
Master sockets are used for wiring PABX extensions. There are actually two types - a normal master socket and a PABX master socket, but either will work on a PABX. The difference is that a normal master socket includes a surge suppresser, and is used where the pair of cables coming in to the socket are on the end of a long cable that can pick up the effects of lightening near by (this is not a foolproof protection against lightening).

source http://www.swindells.com/wiring.html

Which means the telephone and modems on the line may work after you change the master socket. They will also be at risk of being damaged when there is a lightning strike close ( within a couple of miles ) to the route from house to telephone exchange of your cable. A direct hit on the cable, exchange or house is not needed to damage equipment.

Also you will be breaking the terms and conditions of the contract you signed for telephone service. When discovered removal of your telephone service is possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back