Connecting Texacom Alarm Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new and have a query about replacing my old alarm box with a Texacom Odyssey. My old box does not have a brand name.

The old box has 4 wires connected, 12v - 0v - R - S The Texacom needs 5 connections 12v - 0v - Bell - Tamper - Strobe

If I am correct in assuming that S is Bell Strobe and R is tamper. Would I be ok to link Bell and Strobe on the Texacom to achieve the required connections ?

Sponsored Links
it could also be -s for siren!

or -r for ring

check the outputs from your panel

also, what panel is this oddy siren going onto?

Oasis

Thanks for response. The key panel is a Scantronic 9200 but there is no brand name on the control panel (just a plain metal box with circuit boards inside).

The cables in the control panel are:-

Black - Neg - 0v
Red - Pos - 13.8v
Blue - TR - 0v
Yellow - TRIG - 12.8v

Hope this makes sense.

well you should have either a relay for the strobe or an output for it you (if there is a relay) you will have to take a negative to the common or `c` side of the relay and connect the strob e neg 0v to the NO normally open connection.

but as i have not done any scanny work for donkeys years cannot remember!

trig is for your siren
0v is the neg to your neg hold off
pos 12v is for your + hold off
TR is your tamper return

hope this helps

if it has not got a strobe output put it into sirten output of your bell box

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back