Door entry intercom system for flats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help with a problem I have.

I live in a block a seven flats, and we have a main door entry system made by Terraneo. It's about 11 years old.

We have a magnetic lock on the main door, and a phone in each of the seven flats with an unlock button. The problem is that the Terraneo system has stopped locking the main door. I've proven that the magnetic lock works, and all of the phones in each flat work for audio (two-way), but the door is just always unlocked -- it must be something internal with the system.

What is the best way to proceed to fix this?

My idea is to install a new system and use the current wiring that exists. How easy would this be? I just need to replace the base station unit, but would I need to replace the phone in everyone's apartment?

The current system wiring is labelled 1, 3, 4, 5, 6. I assume this relates to the new Z, T, O, R, I wiring system? That means four common wires and one unique to each apartment.

Can I just switch the systems over?

Thanks a lot!

Davood

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the release mechanism is faulty, or the relay controlling it if it's a magnetic lock, rather than the intercom system.

Sounds like the release mechanism is faulty, or the relay controlling it if it's a magnetic lock, rather than the intercom system.
Thanks for the reply! It is a mag lock. How could I get a new one of those if the old Terraneo system has been discontinued? Would it be included in a new mag lock?

Post a picture of the faulty item ! Are you sure it's a mag lock ? If so how can you say it works and then say the door is open all the time ? You may be spending money for no reason !

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the faulty item ! Are you sure it's a mag lock ? If so how can you say it works and then say the door is open all the time ? You may be spending money for no reason !

Sorry no, I'm not saying the problem is mag lock, I'm saying the door uses a magnetic lock. How can I identify the damaged part? I think it could be the replay... But not sure how to check.

There should be a power supply unit somewhere most mag locks are 12v D but you can also get 24v dc ones find the power supply , it could be a metal box make sure it's giving out one of the above voltages, it may be a blown fuse, there will also be a relay as most intercoms don't connect direct to the maglock , one other thing if it has a maglock there should be one of the following , a push to exit button ( is it stuck ?) a green emergency release button ( is it pressed in ) or a firemans switch outside ! All of these May cause the door to be unlocked ! Is it connected to a fire alarm in the flats ? Do you have one ? Post some pictures of any of the above...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back