Dual Tech Pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I get any wireless Dual Tech PIR's for a wireless Yale system.
I want to install them in a south facing kitchen and utility room which have a lot of windows, sunshine, air vents and a boiler, It seem like the best option but I cannot see the anywhere. Any ideas, please. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yale alarm Yale wireless devices.

What Yale alarm system do you have and how old is it?

I dont see screwfix selling any DT's for it.

Personally I wouldn't install a Yale alarm for my customers full stop.

Yale support should be able to tell you what is compatible and where to buy from.

Sponsored Links
Are Pet Friendly PIR Detectors the same as Dual Tech ones?

Any recommendations on a DIY wireless alarm system that does use DT PIR's? Thanks for your advice.

Need to think about what your budget is I guess at the price of the alarm you mentioned earlier nothing springs to mind.

Any recommendations on a DIY wireless alarm system that does use DT PIR's? Thanks for your advice.

Highly unlikely. Dual tech PIR devices have a microwave source that needs to be constantly powered. You'd be replacing the batteries every few hours! I don't think any of the pro wireless systems have DT's either.

Quad detectors are an alternative, though I can't see Yale and co making those either. The DIY market are more interested in some cheap off the shelf kit that they can install themselves and is easy to configure.

Bear in mind also that any sensor that uses microwave can also cause interference with a Satellite TV system if you have one.

Just make sure your dish cannot "see" the sensor and you'll be golden.

Enforcer and texecom ricochet have wireless dueltecs ! Both graded systems ! What you will find is that both are two way systems the microwave will be enabled in set condition only to save on battery power.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back