ESP Infinite or alternative?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at installing an alarm system for my parents.
It MUST be wireless.
It must also be reliable and not have false alarms etc.

A while back I was recommended an ESP infinite by a guy at work, who says his has been great. Seems to fit the bill.

I will have main unit in loft, sounder wired from that to outside, and downstairs wireless keypad and sensors.

So I'm all set to order, but read a few negative things about ESP struggling, potential unavailability going forward, and general unreliability. This seems the opposite of what I was reading a couple of years ago.

So, is the ESP infinite a good buy? Or is there a better/reliable alternative.
I'm hoping for £250-350, for full system with a couple of door contacts and maybe 3 pirs. Like I said, main unit must be in loft, so wireless keypad is a must.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Best alarm going.

Gravel surrounding the home, geese and a dog inside.

Can't move over the gravel, geese hear it, dog barks, you are warned.

No false alarms.

Oops, Sorry, I forgot the fox - false alarm.

If you can find this magical alarm system that"must also be reliable and not have false alarms" please let us all know.

- They don't exist, more so in the DiY market

My eurosec wired has been solid for last 7 year's.
Just want something wireless which will give equivalent reliability.
I understood the esp was very good. What equivalents are there?
I agree there is a lot of rubbish out there, hence posting.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump, but need to work this out ASAP.

Could someone please summarise the main players in professional wireless alarms, or point me at what I should be looking at as an alternative to ESP.

Thanks

http://www.alertelectrical.com/prod/277/scantronic-i-on16-wireless-alarm-kit

Can't fault it at all. Solid, reliable and professional quality. All wireless except the keypad, which it should be imho.

You can buy wireless fobs for it if you wanted to, and wire the keypad directly next to the panel, as it is required for programming.

I hope that they are good as I have just bought an I-on-40, however I didn't go for the wireless bell as the replacement batteries are almost £30, they do work with wireless keypads as well once the first has been wired in.

Thanks. The only issue is the wireless keypad costs £100.
The ESP wireless keypad is £40.
And the kit is more in the first place.

Having spoken to alert, they know of no issues with ESP going forward, and say they sell loads of them without any issue. OK, I guess they would say that, but they could equally steer me towards the more expensive scantronic which they also sell.

Can someone explain what the issue is with ESP? Up until recently I'd heard nothing but good things about them. And I am still very tempted.

Thanks

Thanks. The only issue is the wireless keypad costs £100.
The ESP wireless keypad is £40.
And the kit is more in the first place.

Having spoken to alert, they know of no issues with ESP going forward, and say they sell loads of them without any issue. OK, I guess they would say that, but they could equally steer me towards the more expensive scantronic which they also sell.

Can someone explain what the issue is with ESP? Up until recently I'd heard nothing but good things about them. And I am still very tempted.

Thanks

No mention of alarms on manufacturers website http://www.espuk.com/products.aspx

Doesn't fill you with confidence.. And what makes it worse, all the info appears on the Risco website, YES, RISCO!!!!

http://www.riscogroup.co.uk/dynamicPage.aspx?id=499

Infinite prime products are made by Electronics Line 3000, an Israeli company, and were licensed to ESP as their UK distributor. I always thought that ESP was at least partly controlled by EL but I can't find any info to back that up when looking now, so it is possible that ESP lost or gave up the contract to another company. EL3000 still appear to be going strong so I doubt there will be any problem with availability any time soon. Alert Electrical still stock them in the UK, and they are still stocked by at least one of the larger European distributors.

[quote="josh451";p="2605340"
..... And what makes it worse, all the info appears on the Risco website, YES, RISCO!!!![/quote]
... so, what's wrong with Risco then, been using their products for years, no problemo. What's yours?

[quote="josh451";p="2605340"
..... And what makes it worse, all the info appears on the Risco website, YES, RISCO!!!!
... so, what's wrong with Risco then, been using their products for years, no problemo. What's yours?[/quote]

No problem with risco, as you said their products are solid and reliable. I just found it strange that a companies products were being shown on another (and in a smaller degree, a competitors) webpage.

I just found it strange that a companies products were being shown on another (and in a smaller degree, a competitors) webpage.
It is not unusual for a reputable company to advise a potential customer to use another company's equipment if their own equipment will not completely fulfill the customer's requirement.

ESP product are on the Risco website because they are part of the Risco Group.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back