Existing ADT (Galaxy 2) in new house...Options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody,

I just purchased a house and it comes with an ADT intruder system.
According to the receipt kindly provided by the previous owner, they paid £810 3.5 years ago to ADT for installing and a monthly fee of around £25 for monitoring it and maintenance.
The system has several motion sensors, 1 magnetic sensor on the main door and it's connected to a fire alarm.

The previous owner has given me the user code. We also have 5 proxy tags.

My goals:

- I want the system to ring 2 designated mobile numbers when it goes off
- I also would like to text 3 mobile numbers
- When the alarm goes off, I would like to understand if it's the motion sensors, the front door or a fire.
- I don't want a monitoring company to monitor it; I can pick up the phone myself when the alarm goes off. No need to call police or fire brigade either.
- I would like to spend as little as possible from now on given that the previous owner spent already a considerable amount of money.

I was wondering if:

1. Can I use this Galaxy system without paying a fee to ADT?
2. I downloaded the Installation guide. I don't have the Master Code and the Engineer code. Is there a way to reset it?
3. Failing the above, can I call a local security company to check the system, set it up with my numbers and explain me how to use it? how much can I expect to pay in South London?

Thanks everybody for reading.

Sponsored Links
Go with option 3

Thanks for your advice.

I have to confess that it's not easy to navigate through the Installation Guide, I can see why they say it's a professional alarm system rather than a DYI alarm system.

I'll contact a local security company and ask them to check it / explain me how to use it / replace batteries where required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back