FSL - Dual Tech wiring query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

I'm looking to install a dual tech Activ8 pir in FSL.

As i understand it, the Dual Tech takes two zones on the panel, with two sets of "alarm" loops going back.

As the main cp is FSL, i think i need to put in two sets of resistors.

Only one tamper for the PIR, so i can use the tamper in one loop,

What about the second? Shall i use the EOL connector or solder a resistor to one end of the loop?

Ie PIC 1:

or PIC 2:

Sponsored Links
they don't normally have 2 sets unless its a confirmation detector like a pyronix TMD or optex sequad. what model is the active8 ? is it the one with the breakglass detector built in ?

Thanks for the reply Sparky,

Its the 8IR115 - PIR with Break Glass Sensor.

So i would assume that the PIR would be a zone of its own, and the Break Glass another one, allowing the PIR to function as a PIR - armed when alarm armed, disarmed when alarm disarmed, while the Break Glass acts as 24hour...

Sponsored Links
no both on separate alarm zones, I don't think you would want it on a 24hr zone. I have fitted around 20/30 of these units about 7-8 years ago and they have been ok so far.

Thanks sparkymarka, any tips as to which of the above to use to wire it up as two zones?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back