Galaxy 500 Alarm - cannot exit engineer mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this problem has already been posted but I hoped someone might be able to advise on an issue I'm experiencing with my Galaxy 500.

I moved into my house earlier this year but the alarm was not in use - I was however provided with the 4 digit code.

I have tried to re-activate it using this code but it didn't recognise it and the message 'CALL ENGINEER RESET REQUIRED' came up.

Having taken a look at the engineer manual on line I've now managed to access the Engineer Mode. I've changed the time and date and tried to reset it. I'm now stuck in engineer mode and am unable to exit it to check whether I've set it or not.

Can anyone help me? The manual is about 150 pages long so isn't the easiest to read!

Thanks
Ross

Sponsored Links
Get it back into engineers.
Then press ESC 3 times (just to make sure its in the right state)

Put in code and press ESC.

Now wait a little bit while it runs a self diagnosis.

As long as everything is alright it will go back to day mode.
If not it will show faults and use the arrow keys ( A B) to scroll thru and see the issues.

Good manual isnt it !

thanks for that, appreciate the help.

When I press the 6 digit enginner code and then ESC it says 'CHECKING FOR TAMPERS' and after a while it comes up with '4 Tamper Zones and below it it alternates between '[<] [>] to view' and 'ESC to abort'.

When I view them the 4 tampers are 1015, 1016, 1017 and 1018 (all with 'INTRUDER' next to them). Apart from scrolling through them, there doesn't appear much else I can do?

They are 4 zones with tampers on them.
Locate them and find the fault.

Are they still attached?
What are the name descriptors for them? Engineers menu 21 the arrow to the zones, may tell you where they are.

If not fitted you need to delete them.

The zones are on line 1, Rio 1 if that helps 1015/6/7/8

How big is the job/installation......that was a mighty big panel.

Sponsored Links
Thats the manual.
Tampers could be at the panel, at the detector. A break in the wiring.

As your in engineers look in the panel for the RIO, its there in the book what it looks like, or it could be outside the panel.

See if the zones are connected, but its weird that 1011 1012 1013 and 1014 are not being used. So it sounds like the higher numbers have been removed.
As before you need to see what is connected and how.

Try a walk test to see if the ones you see are working, also is there not a door contact?

Its check and test time, and remember the detectors will have resistors in them too, check they are all intact and connected.

on the key pad in 'SYSTEM' it says RIOS FITTED -2 CODES USED 3

And in 'DISPLAY ZONES'
1011, 1012, 1013 & 1014 all say CLOSED - INTRUDER.
1015, 1016, 1017 & 1018 all say TAMP O/C - INTRUDER.

All detectors appear to be working. Also yes there is a door sensor too.

Looking like it might have to be an engineer visit! grrrr

Nothing that says "FINAL"?

You could spare out the higher zones, option 52, go to zone, press enter,18,enter. That will take them out of the system.
But you need a final to set really. It will time set but what is in entry or final??????

This is one of the best panels of all time, even some engineers are wary of it :D

nope nothing that says FINAL.

I've tried to get into option 52 but under both enginner 1 (50) and engineer 2 (60) it won't allow me to access the options - 'INSUFFICIENT ACCESS RIGHTS'

Hmmmm

LOL, you sure you have the engineers code !!!!

what code are you using 112233? Or 1234?

I had thought that 112233 was the engineer code? Is it not?!! How did I manage to get into engineer mode then?! LOL :D

Alarm

This thread came up in a Google search and saved my bacon when I too entered the Engieers mode and couldn't get out of it!

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back