GALAXY 8 PLUS CP 171 - alarm not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this problem?

I have an ADT system but no subscription and a while ago it stopped working. I tested the battery and it's at 10.8V disconnected. I have read that any less than 11.3 is a failed battery, IS THAT CORRECT? It's charging at 13.88V. The battery is hot as is the regulator. I removed the main fuse to reset as others have suggested & checked the 3 fuses on the board: all ok.

As I have removed the cover the keypad says (01) system lid & power failure. It says engineer code required. The little green light is flashing rapidly. I have cleared the screen on the keypad and activated the alarm but it sounded seemingly at random during the day.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you need a new battery.
You have activated the tamper circuit and that needs an engineer to do the reset.
ADT will want about £120 according to other posts on here, A local company slightly less. All plus a new battery and VAT.

You could search the net for a manual and try it yourself. But its long winded to what an engineer could do to reset this.

Choice is yours :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back