Help with scantronic 9751 and new sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there...hopefully someone can help with this problem. I have a scantronic 9751 panel and was getting a bell tamper problem. The bell box led,s were not illuminating even though ther was 12v to the bell box. I thought it was the bell box to blame so today fitted a new pyronix bell box.

I followed the start up procedure in the manual, shorted the kick start pins, new bell box goes off at this point and won,t go off again even when I put in the access code. This stops the internal alarm but not the external box.

I have checked the tamper switch in the external box and it's seems to be set okay

I have tried looping out the tamper return at the panel but still the external box goes off and wont switch off again. I have disabled in battery back up to the bell box temporarily until I get this resolved as only way I can get it to stop is by powering down and disconnecting the battery at the control unit.

I have checked the wiring at both ends to make sure I have not wired up incorrectly. My neighbours will soon be complaining at the alarm going off in bursts while I try and resolve so had to stop for ths night.

Any ideas will be well received

Thanks

David

Sponsored Links
2 things how did you check for 12v at bell box ? and why did you default panel ?

Thanks for the reply...I used a meter to check for the voltage....I followed the start up procedure in the install guide which said to briefly short the kick start pins

Sponsored Links
should be a straightforward swop have fitted a couple and they had standard connections did you put a link from 0v to tamper feed in bell box ?

Yes. There are 2 connections next to each other marked T. I wired lower one back to the Tr on the board and looped the upper one back to the -ve on the bell box as per the diagram

sounds like a tamper fault inside the delta bell or lack of 0v at bellbox take the bell box down and wire onto panel to check bell box, linking out tamper return at the panel wont have any effect on the bell ringing. check tamper return wire first at panel end, one probe on multimeter on 12+ the other on tamper return wire you should have 12volts approx.

Thanks for this. Will try tomorrow, the manual mentions you can disable he tamper switch at the bell box by applying 0v to the eng hold terminal...is this just a case of looping between the eng hold and the -ve terminal....would this be worth a try

just another thought, you say you have shorted the reset pins ? where is the bell trip wired into on the control panel ? op 1,2,3, ?

Hi there....took down alarm this morning and wired direct to panel

Tamper return is connected from T on bell box back to TR on panel

Still getting constant alarm when connected to panel.

Tried switching round op 1 to strobe and op2 to bell. This time strobe goes off constantly

Checked the voltage on op1 and op 2. Op1 getting no volts, op2 getting around 9.2 volts

Tried setting alarm with only op2 connected. Seems to work when pir activated

Funny thing is internal speaker is very faint when activated

Now wondering if fault may be main pcb. We had a power cut recently, had a damaged pcb in boiler due to surge when power came back on.

Have you seen alarm pcb,s being damaged with surges

Thanks for help this far

Regards

David

program op 3 for bell check with multimeter after to see what the voltage is, thats why i asked about the defaulting as someone could have used a different ouput, the old bell may have damaged op2.

Thanks for getting back. I set back to factory defaults then programmed zones back in. Op1 was bell. Op2 strobe op3 not used. Back on Sunday so will check voltage on op3. Should I be getting around 9v if okay?

Hi there

Well the good news is that I reset the alarm again back to factory defaults, set op3 to bell and have got 12v at op3. Wired up bell to op3, strobe to op3 and alarm is working again

Internal sounder still not working, what voltage should I get at internal sounder on panel?

Anyway, after a lot of persistence alarm system is now working again. Bonus is I like the new bell box, looks good at night with the backlight!

Thanks for your help

Appreciated

Regards

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back