Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm/MK7 Keypad - won't unset with code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently installed a Galaxy 2-20 Alarm control panel with an MK7 Keypad. Everything seemed to be working fine, until we discovered that we cannot unset the alarm using any of the user codes (Level 1, 2 or 3, nor the engineers code when in engineer mode). The alarm can be set with the code, and can be set and unset with the prox tags, but won't unset with the codes...?!

Just wondering if anyone else had run into this problem, and if anyone knows how to fix it, as I haven't found anything anywhere else and it's driving me a bit nuts! :eek:

Thanks in advance!
Faze

Sponsored Links
Page 83 of installation manual. Menu 51-55, Item 3- restrict keypad. This option can be used to prevent keypads from unsetting the system under normal conditions. This can be used to force users to always unset by keyfobs. This option has 3 settings:
0=no - Keypads can always unset the system.
1(default)= during entry. Keypads can unset at any time, except during normall entry time. This option could be used to ensure users are always using keyfobs but does not lock them out completely when a keyfob is lost or damaged.
2=never unset. The keyad can never unset the system. Unsetting can only be performed by a keyfob, prox tag or card.

Sounds like you want yours set to 0

Hope this helps.

It's a requirement for police response that the alarm must be unset with a single action. Putting your code in is four (or more) actions. For a Grade 2 B or C system, you must use a PACE (fob/tag) or something like a key switch. This is why the keypad is restricted.

Pain in the 4R5E, isn't it! Don't get me started... :evil:

You can always wait until the alarm goes off and then use your code to stop it, unset it and reset it. The ARC will see this as an 'abort' and not call the police. :rolleyes:

I knew it had to be in there somewhere, I was just failing to find it! Thanks very much, will give that a go tomorrow.

This alarm isn't connected to the police, so presumably we're ok to change the default to the 0 setting so that it works with the keypad.

Thanks for the assistance guys!

Sponsored Links
Page 83 of installation manual. Menu 51-55, Item 3- restrict keypad. This option can be used to prevent keypads from unsetting the system under normal conditions. This can be used to force users to always unset by keyfobs. This option has 3 settings:
0=no - Keypads can always unset the system.
1(default)= during entry. Keypads can unset at any time, except during normall entry time. This option could be used to ensure users are always using keyfobs but does not lock them out completely when a keyfob is lost or damaged.
2=never unset. The keyad can never unset the system. Unsetting can only be performed by a keyfob, prox tag or card.

Sounds like you want yours set to 0

Hope this helps.

I know the thread is old but one of the only reference on t'net I could find. In case you make the same mistake I did, or maybe its just my version of g2 works slightly differently, I had to first go to menu item 51 (parameters) and then to 55 (DD243) and then 3 (restrict keypad) and then 0 for No.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back