Honeywell Galaxy 2, PIR and decoration ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

My builder is about to decorate my house, I have a few PIR sensors. How can he remove them while painting?

Any advice appreciated.

When he's done with all the work I'm planning to call a local installer to test and service my system.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Why not call your local installer first and get them to put it in Engineers Mode? You can then take PIRs down, if you need to, and still set the system (leave the PIRs connected...). Then they can check it afterwards, as you seggested.

Hi, first of all thanks for your kind reply.
I just bought a house and don't actually have a local installer yet. The system was purchased from ADT, and I still haven't decided whether I would like to stay with ADT yet...

What happens if i tale the PIRs off for decorating when the sustem is down? Will it still go off...? Is there an anti tamper mechanism even when it's not set?

Sponsored Links
ADT - that adds a few more worms to the can! Almost certainly (others may confirm...), a tamper will require a remote/engineers reset and, without a contract, you're not going to get one!

Tampers are active 24/7 - there's not much point in having them otherwise! ;)

If you're going to go it alone, I'd suggest that you shut the whole thing down - bellbox battery, panel mains, panel battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back