Honeywell Optima compact problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just replaced an old and unreliable A1 Omnicron 7000 panel with a new Optima Compact.

Having connected up and programmed the new panel it seems the circuits are fine. I have programmed the unused zones as "unused".

When I set the alarm it counts down fine then as soon as it it completes the exit the alarm goes off. I have tried this several times and checked everything but I cannot understand what the problem is as nothing has changed from the previous set-up other than the panel of course.

I have checked the live zone light is off before the exit routine and I have checked that it comes on if the circuit is broken (by, say opening a door), all that seems to be good and the tamper circuit works because it triggers when the bell box is opened and resets fine after it's put back.

Any ideas?

Regards, Dave

Sponsored Links
Try putting a link in the spare zones.

If unused then no need for a link.

When you set the alarm, are you inside still?

It checks that the zones are correctly designated as unused.

Sponsored Links
It checks that the zones are correctly designated as unused.

Joe, we both know a OP question is often lacking in full information.
But your correct, link out everything not used as it will narrow down the possible faults.

Note to self, OP may not and generally has not got a clue.

Are any zones displayed on the keypad after the alarm triggers ?

Check your bell & strobe connections, you may have bell in strobe, so when it sets it usually flashes the strobe for 5 seconds but in your case its sounding the bell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back