house alarm service ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly how often should you have a alarm serviced and wot does it entail ? is it just replacement of the batterys and check the wiring ? any ideas on how much for service ?

Sponsored Links
£45 for service.

Battery if required £15.

This includes full 24/7 call-out all year round for 12 months.

hey Joe 90

you can come and do a few service caals for me at that price!!!!!

if you do this for a job there is no way you can make a living charging that!!

Oasis

Sponsored Links
it does depend on the size of the site to be honest,

we have not charged £45.00 for years (and i mean over 15 years ago)

even on a simple audible only we charge £65.oo plus vat for a routine inspection and test!

maintenance charges for a years cover start from £95.00 to over £500.00 again depending on what size of install they have.

yes i will admit if you can charge £45.00 for an hours work, thats good, but does this include call out service for the rest of the year, or just a one off service with no back up call out facility?

Oasis

What does your £45.00 include?
How do you manage 8 in a day? An average one takes 45 mins.
Don't forget he does not live in the real world.;)

Only does blocks of flats, so only has to travel from bed in the morning :LOL:

8 in a day, so you start at about 5 in the morning and finish about 9 at night then!!

some of our systems can take over 4 hours to do!!!

but some take about an hour!!

we have a set of buildings that cover 3 acres all with security and fire detection within and these take about 2 days for 2 of us to do, sometimes it takes 3 to 4 days, depending on what visit it is!

but if you can do 8 in a day and still cover the other calls, good on yeh, i hope that you can make a living out of it, but, yes our prices are higher, but we are a bigger organisation with more staff, vehicals office space, office staff, insurnace, vat, ni and tax, phone bills computer hardware laptops etc etc the list goes on, so £45.00 for a yearley maintenance agreement is a no no for us!!

Oasis

or are you just full of flannel ?

There's not exactly a lot to check on a domestic with three passives.

Each job is only a minute or two from the next.

I'm home by three. ;)

It depends on your system if its bells only usually every 12 months
If its on police response it should be every 6 months, However i think you can have one remote maintanance & one on site visit or 2 on site visits, this also depends on the company

As for Battery replacememt it depends where the panel is located if its in a airing cupboard next to a warm boiler its recommended you change the battery earlier usually every 3 years, Normal locations change it every 5 Years, or if its shows a fault on a engineer visit.

The Service should usually include the following
Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service
Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of deterioration or damage
Check battery & power supply including charging rates
Check and walk test all detectors
Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices e.g. panic buttons
Check and test all audible warning devices, sirens and speakers.
Check and test remote signalling equipment (where appropriate)
Make adjustments as necessary
Repair faults where necessary
Retrain the users on the use of the alarm system (if required)
Alter programmes to suit requirements
Log all test results

Some Companys even clean the bell boxes (But not many)

As for price domestic bells only usually between £50 - £100
If on police response it should be included in your monthly or annual fee unless otherwise stated.

£45 for service.

Battery if required £15.

This includes full 24/7 call-out all year round for 12 months.

£45 for the Annual Service INCLUDING 24/7 call-out!!!!
You ain't for real Joe!! When I was at LANDER in 1985 we were charging £100 for a reset if due to subscriber error!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back