Intercom Handset Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just replaced my intercom handset but I'm struggling to get it working. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Originally it was a Seko unit and I've replaced it with a Comelit as per this post here :

//www.diynot.com/forums/alarms-cctv-telephones/security-intercom-handset-replacement.335978/

I tried transposing the wiring as per this thread but it hasn't worked.

The old Seko was wired like this :
White/Black - 'T' on pushbutton
White - 1
Blue - 2
Green - 3
Orange - 6

The Comelit functions are :
A - Door Opener
B - Condenser Microphone
C - Common
D - Call
E - Loudspeaker

My black/white wire appears to be common (I think !)

If I put green or blue into A (or touch them to black/white) it unlocks the door.

If I put green or blue into D the handset buzzes permanently.

Orange doesn't seem to do anything, no matter where I put it.

If I put white onto C it causes a low buzzing sound at the control panel outside.

So, I'm at a bit of a loss what to do next. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Sponsored Links
*BUMP*

Nobody got any idea about this problem ? Or an idea where I could find out a solution ? There are only half a dozen wires so I'm sure it's not difficult for someone who knows what they are talking about (ie not me !)

Regards,

John

it been aswered in link to post

1 and 2 in the Terraneo handset should be speak/listen (or may be listen/speak)
3 is common
T is lock release
6 is call (AC buzzer)

so
1 = mic or ls ( B/E )
2 = mic or ls ( B/E)
3 =common ( C )
t = door opener ( A )
6 = call ( D)

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot for the advice, I'm finally making some progress !

For some reason I was skimming over that part of the thread, probably because I seen the words 'Terraneo' and I don't have a Terraneo handset but I've followed this and it's almost working. Lesson learned - read the information properly !

The handset can be buzzed from the door unit and I can unlock the door to let someone in. However, I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I've obviously tried swapping the speaker/microphone wires over but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try or something I could be doing wrong ?

Regards,

John

did you use the comelit universal handset ? should end with a U on part number.

No, I didn't want to start messing around with these until I had ruled out any other obvious possibilities.

I take it one is for speaker volume and one is for microphone volume, is that right ?

Surely they wouldn't ship from the factory with both turned down so far that you couldn't hear mic/speaker ? Or is that flawed logic ?

Thanks again,

John

have fitted the comelit universal on siedle systems before but have found you have to turn up the volumes to get it to work, the problem with universal units is that there are massive differences on the speech side depending on type of microphone and speaker values. why did you change the handset in the first place ? are there other phones/ flats connected to the intercom ?

Ah OK thanks mate I'll give that a go then, makes sense.

There are 8 flats in total connected to the intercom.

The main reason I changed it was due to the buzzer on the old Seko handset not working properly. It was only making a faint humming noise which you couldn't hear 95% of the time.

On top of that, the old Seko unit looked very dated and was splattered with 30 years worth of paint etc. The new Comelit looks a million times better.

Another thing I wondered, could it be possible that touching the wrong wires together or putting the wrong wire into the wrong terminal could have damaged something or burnt something out ?

I'm guessing there's not enough current to do so but wondered if it was a possibility.

Thanks,

John

depends on power supply some have a dual 8vdc/12ac psu some are fused you could have taken out the 8v dc fuse normally used for the speech side, the buzzer and lock release would still be working, but its only a thought ask other tenants if the speech is working.

So if it took the fuse out, it would take it out for the entire block is that right ? I take it this fuse is at the main panel at the front door ? :oops:

I'll try the adjustment at the handset though first. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back