Intercom Handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very old Fermax handset in my flat which is not only paint splattered and very tired-looking, but also 'buzzes' a lot (intermittently) when in use. :(
The intercom system feeds 6 flats in the block, which is part of a building with 15 flats. I'm not sure whether ALL flats share the same system but there are 3 separate door entry systems (6/3/6) - hope that makes sense! :confused:
What I'm after help with, is whether I can simply buy a new Fermax handset and copy the wiring from the existing ? ? . . . . Also, is there any fear of messing up all 6, or even 15, intercoms if I do something wrong! :)
Another also . . . . can you get handsets in silver, to match our soon to be new light switches and sockets? :?:
Any help appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
Get a Fermax universal handset this will work with your old one , and no they don't do them in silver !

Will it really be that simple?
Just a bit concerned about the possibility of taking out everyone else's intercoms!
Have found the wiring plan for the replacement fermax you mentioned online and the handset is only £15, so it all seems good. I suppose I should give it a go?

Snip off the wires inside the old handset one by one that way you know what connecter they came from and you won't short the wires together.

Sponsored Links
Ordered a Fermax Loft online, arrived within 2 days, cost £25 and fitted it yesterday with no problems at all . . . . . .all in all, much easier than I expected it would be and it works ! ! !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back