internal wires and boxes on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone please advise which kit I can purchase to make this less of a clutter and mess?

so far I have perhaps thought it may be a good idea to move the main telephone socket all together, as this location is on the left soon as you walk into the livingroom.

it's unsightly with first of all a telephone filter for the broadband router, then we have two lines 1. SKY TV BOX 2. TELEPHONE the third cable is for another telephone I think.

any tips anyone can give me to sort this?

Sponsored Links
Simplest non-technical way is to get a short extension line (2 metres or so) and plug everything into that at ground level.

would be great if I could get away with that, but the problem is the two cables beside the skirting here, which are short and go directly into the connectors on the boxes on the wall, so I don't have much cable to play with there.

Best option is to replace the front of the NTE 5 ( master socket ) with a filter front plate.

adsl-nteface-sol-1.gif

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters-faceplates.htm

Then fit an extension socket next to to the NTE 5 and wire it to the filtered terminals on the back of the new front plate.

Your router and one phone cable will plug into the front of the NTE 5 and the second phone cable into the new extension.

You will not need the micro filter as the new front plate has the filter built into it.

Sponsored Links
That's exactly what I was thinking Bernard but I'd be tempted to move the location as well down to the skirting board level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back