Intruder Alarm for door contacts only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for an intruder alarm which only requires two sensors, one at each entrance (front and back door) and recommendations?

Sponsored Links
hi there,

is there a reason you only want to use sensors and no contacts?

happy to recommend some systems to you but quite often there are other option.

:)
It's not for me but a friend has requested one. Not something I normally get involved in.
All they want is some alarm security on the front and back doors, can be sensors or contacts. But no other zones require security.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies so far, have had a look at the Texecom linked above, is there door contacts available for this unit. Looks like I will need to shop around a little, as have yet to find one for less than the screwfix price.

its worth keeping in mind the main entry exit route will have a time delay before setting of the alarm.

if you use only contacts, you are reliant on someone breaking in the door. if the come through a window they can freely walk around.

its worth keeping in mind the main entry exit route will have a time delay before setting of the alarm.

if you use only contacts, you are reliant on someone breaking in the door. if the come through a window they can freely walk around.

Point noted and I did mention this with regards to the windows, but for some reason they are intent on having door contacts only.

Hi,

Good to hear from someone in my homeland. Each of the above are valid comments from wise people. You haven't mentioned what you are protecting and I am therefore assuming that it is not hard goods. Have you considered what type of warning you want. External sounder or internal sounder ? I am going to recommend that you go for the cheapest ADE panel you can find, google it, they are a few quid. Try somewhere like security warehouse, again type it in and search. You can use the cheapest door contacts, about a quid each which are universal and fit all control panels. You also have the option of extending the system at a later date since you shall only be using one or two zones of a six zone panel. As far as the delay on exit is concerned, consider a final exit push button. Once again, all the above posts have their merits, but I don't really think you want to go much further than say about thirty odd.

The property is a domestic dwelling, semi-detached 3 door house.
The home owner only wants security on the front and back door, the aim would be to inform her of intruders and to be a deterrent.

Contacts on the doors connected in series with the coil of a small relay and a ELV power source ( use the door bell transformer if there is one ).

Use the relay to switch the ELV power to a bell. Fit a switch in series with the bell to turn the "alarm" off when not needed.

Use magnet reed switches that close when the magnet is removed and there is no need for the relay ( contacts in parallel ) though switching the ELV to the bell may be too much for the reed contacts and a relay would prolong the life of the contacts.

Where can I pick up a 9448 for £26, I'd jump at it. Just been outbid again on fleabay ... again !

There's 45 minutes to go and it's at £26 but they are selling for brand new at £33, so I don't know whether to carry on bidding.

go to home page / shop/ security/control panels/ scantronic there you go alert electrical £26 inc vat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back