Kguard Sha104 video loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Will be very gratefull if you guys help me. Yesterday I had to change fuse in basement in my shop, so I turned power of in the property. When I finish the job I turn power back on but from that time my kguard shows video loss. Don't know why, no one toch the box or cameras, I just turn electricity off for 20-30 min

Sponsored Links
It's connected to the mains and feeds the camera's.

Only you on this forum will know where it is.

Word of caution. There is mains inside, based on your comment of "what is PSU", i suspect you should get someone more skilled to check it.

Sponsored Links
So it's like a fuse on the mind bord of dvr? Why kguard manual not says nothing about it? Iv got some knowledge about pc, just never work with CCTV befor

what k guard unit is it ? how many cameras ? have you tried down powering the unit ?

Kguard sha 104. 4 cameras, all shows video loss. Kguard manual advise to check the cables, but no one tochet dvr or cameras, that no make sens.

i assume its a kit that comes with a switchmode power supply with a 4 way split lead to power all 4 cameras. look behind your dvr there will be a black box (psu) with a 4 way splitter wire coming out of it, unplug it and check or replace the fuse in the plug top repower and see what happens if you still have video loss you may have blown the switch mode psu.

Thanks 4 that. So psu is a power supplier for the cameras, according to that every camera should to have 2 cables. 1 with power from psu and 1 with picture to dvr? All my cameras got only 1 cable each, but I try to look 4 psu tomorow anyway.

One cable, two connectors.
Check the PSU fuses for a \"surge\".
Did the unit auto boot and give you log times for the power outage?

Thanks guys, that was it. I couldn't open old one( looks solid) so I bough new 12v dc adapter and everything working again:))))). Now I'm going to make new topic "how to setup bt home hub 3 with sha 104" that's real challenge

Thanks guys, that was it. I couldn't open old one( looks solid) so I bough new 12v dc adapter and everything working again:))))). Now I'm going to make new topic "how to setup bt home hub 3 with sha 104" that's real challenge

Hi,

My cctv also experiencing video loss...How do you repair it? Is it just by changing the adapter? but the dvr work perfectly fine. Pls advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back