New Home alarm advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Looking for some help selecting a home alarm system. I am in temporary accomodation and rent two rooms in a small bungalow and need a 2 door and 2 window wireless alarm system. Each room needs to be in its own zone so they can be alarmed individually. The alarm must only sound in room 1 and must all be operated from room 1 or using a remote control. A small boy will be sleeping in room 2 and hence must allow for movement inside the room (no PIR or PIR that allow some movement) with a delay before the alarm will sound if he needs to leave the room to use the toilet etc. This gives me time to de-activate the alarm without waking the entire house. If the dB output on the alarm could be adjusted then that would be even better. The redshield system at http://www.c-p-p.co.uk/red-shield-wireless-house-alarm meets some of the requirements but any suggestions are warmly welcomed. As I do not plan to stay there for very long it would be great if it was expandable so I can use it when I get myself a new house.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You could try an AEI wireless system. They are easy to fit, expandable and can be taken with you when you move. You could fix a window sensor in the room where your son sleeps and also one on his door to secure both means on entrance or exit. You can set different zones so it is possible to arm you child's room whilst you are free to walk around the rest of your home.
Hope this helps!

A Visonic Complete would be the ideal here with a large scope for expansion in the future.
It can have constant zones for the windows and the part arming you want for the 2nd room. Voice warnings or siren, all controllable. As you say if the child leaves the room for the toilet or a drink ect.

Visonic Complete http://www.cts-direct.net/visonic-powermax-complete-kit-with-options?language=en&currency=GBP

There are various "kit" options to choose from so do not be afraid to ask for the specifics you want in a kit.
You will not get much better for the money which is fully expandable and future proof.

I did a lot of research into this and I found the Visonic is the only real proper wireless alarm which is DIYable.

In the end I decided to install a wired one because a) I enjoy doing it, b) it means I can practise my DIY skills more, c) its saving us over £200.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. The visonic does appear to fit just about all the requirements so shall give them a call and see if they can help.

Many thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back