New House No Alarm Code - Accenta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help?

I have recently moved home and the previous owners do not have the alarm code. Nor do I have any instructions. The outside alarm is flashing but there is no noise.

It is an Accenta alarm with a keypad box in the hallway and larger box in the understairs cupboard, and what seems to be a panic alarm button upstairs.

How do I reset the code without it going off? I am not technically minded, if it is quite complicated, is there a company I could round to do this for a small charge? If so, what kind of companies would do this or would it be an electrician?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Without the owners or engineers code you cannot reset the codes or prevent the a larm sounding------it would not be much of a deterrent if you could!
However you can reset it to the default original settings.
Turn off the mains supply to the panel ( probably at a fuse unit nearby, or at the electric consumer unit)
Open the panel.(If the batteries are in good condition the alarm will ring so don't, do this at night!)
Disconnect the battery terminals (The bell box battery will still be ringing the bell).
Wait about 5 minutes.( It will seem a long time if the bell is ringing) whilst the panel reverts.
Refit the battery (ideally a new one) and within seconds close the panel cover AND press "reset" on keypad TWICE. An assistant may help with the essential need for speed.
The users code will now be 0123 and the engineers 9999.
Restore main power.
You can restart if anything goes wrong, or let the batteries run down --disconnect the mains supply.
Hopefully the house will be programmed simply and the default settings will suit your needs.If not the settings can be changed.
Doing this will make your situation no worse if you do subsequently find a need to call
L out an engineer to do the job.
Change the codes at your leisure.

Edit 15/7/13 with number change

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back