Optima Compact G3 Alarm - activation as soon as power on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
this is my first day on the forum, having stumbled across it whilst searching the web for possible diagnosis to the alarm fault I have.

The Optima Compact G3 alarm is installed in a flat my friend has just purchased. There are no known codes and the 2.1ah battery was totally flat. As soon as power was put on at the flat, the alarm activated. There are no lights illuminated on the panel to indicate power or any reason for activation.

I have purchased a new battery, as soon as this is connected the alarm activates. I refitted the front panel to deactivate the panel tamper and have attempted to reset the user code by entering the engineer code
in the following way ( Prog - 9999 81 (new code) - reset reset) then I have tried to reset the alarm with the new code, without success.
I have also tried using the default codes 0123 & 1234 without success.

The thing that concerns me is the lack of any illuminated led's, these all work as when I connect the battery, they flash on for a fraction of a second, then the alarm activates and does not stop unless all power is removed, 12v battery and 240v supply.

Can anyone offer advice, other than to skip the panel as I do. I personally think the panel is U/S but I am not an alarm engineer.

Many thanks in advance,
wicko9

Sponsored Links
If no codes, have u tried diconecting the outside bell,from inside the panel? Could be falty tampers in the bell???

Ive had similar problem myself and what i did was made it simpiler by tempory removing the various room sensor wires from panel and re-fit with links, then this will reduce the pain and time of fault finding, if anything is wrong with them.

If alarm stops sounding you know youve got dodgy sensors or bell.

It would be better if you did a methodical job, diconnecting one at a time then checking. Which would be more sensible. OK mate?

As you know all the room sensors have tampers in them. But sometimes people dont bother connecting them, so check first.

Ive fitted many Optimas but im no expert Alarm fitter, im Gas fitter by trade, so dont take my words as bible, but i hope it helps you abit ;)

P.S - If LED's arnt coming on the board is probaly sh***d

Isolate Mains Supply
Remove Battery

Apply Power back to panel then press the Reset button twice within 5 seconds of powering up the panel this should then default the panel to factory settings. You will have to re programme the panel afterwards

Enter Code 0123 tamper light will be on this should silence alarm.

Put in battery observing correct connections & replace lid

Press Reset tamper light should go out you should just be left with red power on & green day light

Hope this helps :)

Listen to the man above . He sounds as though he knows a thing or too!
If not **** about with my long winded way
BYE byyyyyyyyyyyee!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Isolate Mains Supply
Remove Battery

Apply Power back to panel then press the Reset button twice within 5 seconds of powering up the panel this should then default the panel to factory settings. You will have to re programme the panel afterwards

Enter Code 0123 tamper light will be on this should silence alarm.

Put in battery observing correct connections & replace lid

Press Reset tamper light should go out you should just be left with red power on & green day light

Hope this helps :)

Thank you Groovejet and doherty1234, I really appreciate the advice from both of you. I will try the simpler method first obviously, I hadn't realised the battery must be disconnected in order to default to factory settings (great info). I will try the sequence tomorrow and hopefully that will do the trick. If I havent posted a result by sunday, I am on with the more in-depth methodr taking. Thank you both once more for taking the time to give me advice, its really appreciated. What a forum, brill :mrgreen: Wicko9

THANK YOU!

Found this advice, after returning home from holiday, and alarm completely disabled. Took minutes to reset with this advice!

THANK YOU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back