Please help. Texacom Veritas 8 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please advise me. I have just moved into a bungalow which has the above alarm fitted with the keypad fitted in the kitchen. When we get up in the morning the alarm activates before we get to the keypad, I know we can do a part zone set where we can eliminate zones, but we have to walk through 3 zones to get to the keypad , so this is not practicable. Can I delay the alarm somehow, I have looked through the manual but cannot find a solution. Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmm.
Have you the engineers code?
How do you leave when full setting? Via the kitchen door?

You could have the last PIR you come to as entry/exit on part set with the others on inhibited (Walk thru on entry). Try setting with Part set 1 or 2 and seeing if this works, it may already be programmed as this.

What would happen is you set the system go through the rooms and when you pass the last detector the system will set.
Then on awakening go past the first and it will start the entry timer and the others will ignore you.

When set if the others trigger it will go into alarm as it does now.
The entry/exit one will always start the timers.

Hi. yes I have the engineers code.
At the moment we are doing a full set when we leave the bungalow via the kitchen door and a full set when we go to bed , from the kitchen through the lounge and hallway and into the bedroom, our bedroom has no PIR. The delay gives us enough time to either leave the bungalow or walk through it to our bedroom before it is set

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back